From experience, we are aware of the fact that Android fans enjoy personalizing their gadgets. So, we thought that it will be helpful to find out how simple it is to synchronize the Contacts they have in their phone with the default Gmail account.
The synchronization process is one awesome aspect that you can enjoy and it`s offering you the opportunity to have all you Google+ and phone contacts synced with your Gmail account. You can sync all Google services as well, including the Google Play Store of your phone. You will be happy to find out that you can simply make all the changes you need by using the syncing process, and all you need to do is to follow a few easy steps.
Because we know how unpleasant it is to loose some of your contacts when doing a software update/root of your device, we wrote this article in order to help you to successfully sync your Android phone with your Gmail account. If the sync is not successful, you risk to loose some of your SMS text messages as well and even worst you might harm the data files of your device. You may now heave a sigh of relief, because you`ll find here everything you need to know in order to avoid losing or corrupting the most important information stored into your phone.
You have to check some things, before starting to follow the steps that will help you synchronize your Contacts with the Gmail account. After following the steps bellow, you can move to the other steps, which will help you with the sync process.
- Go ahead and Open Contacts.
- After that, you should Press the Menu/ Settings button.
- Tap on ‘Merge with Google’ and confirm that you want to do it. Pay attention if you will see there all your Gmail accounts (if the case), and select the account you want to use as default, in order to store your contacts
- At the end, you will be able to see a pop-up message on your screen, announcing you that the merge was successful.
After you did the merge, you`re ready to move forward and sync your Contacts with the Gmail account you just selected. This is what you need to do:
- You should check first for the Gmail app. Be sure you have this app installed on your phone.
- Go ahead and open the App Drawer, after that move to Settings, and choose Accounts and Sync.
- In the next step, you need to activate Accounts and the sync service.
- Now you must choose your Gmail account right from the e-mail accounts location.
- Pay attention, and activate the Sync Contacts option, in order to move on.
- Tap on the Sync now option and the sync should start. It might take a while, so wait until all your contacts are successfully synced with the Gmail account you chose.
- At the end of the sync process, move to your computer, open an internet browser and check your Gmail profile. You should be able to see a text link listed on the left corner of your Gmail account.
- All you have to do is to choose Contacts from the list and you will be able to see all the contacts from your Android device, kept on that list.
This is all you have to do, to have all your phone contacts backed up. Feel free to use the comments section below, if there`s something else you need to know, or if you didn`t understand something.
Now that you saw how easy you can store the contacts from your phone, keep in mind that you will need to sync once more the Gmail account with your phone, if you just updated your device or if you changed the ROM. If you selected factory reset, and you don`t make the sync of your Gmail with your phone, you have to know that all your contacts will be erased from your device.