Microsoft has been continuously trying it’s best to serve its customers. Windows phone is an operating system for smartphones developed by Microsoft. The windows phones have successfully established a niche for itself in the market despite being challenged by the trending android phones. The dynamic interface provided in windows phone and the variety of models in different sizes and colors make it stand out of other phones available in the market. The battery backup is one of best features which make windows phone a preferable choice for the customers. Windows phone features “live tiles” on home screen which is linked to applications, functions etc.
There have been various versions of windows phone in the market viz windows phone, windows phone 7.5, windows phone 7.8, windows 8 and the recently launched windows phone 8.1. The earlier version of windows phone i.e. windows phone 7 and 7.5 were criticized due to the lack of support at the hardware end. But, this problem was soon fixed with the new version windows phone 8. It arrived not only with updated hardware but with some great software improvements too and with this update windows phone reappeared in the market to compete against big smartphones manufacturers like Apple and Google.
Windows phone 8.1 is recently announced on 2nd April 2014. This phone will be first released in the United States and it will gradually expand to other countries by 2015. The phone features a notification center and a voice assistant “Cortana” similar to the Siri and Google now.
This was all about Microsoft windows phone. It was essential to know about the aforementioned information in order to get the gist of the article that I am going to talk about. This article is about Microsoft windows mobile device center. This is a very effective software that allows users to synchronize information pertaining to music, video, e-mails, contacts, calendar, web browser favorites etc between a computer and their windows mobile devices. Along with this facility, the windows mobile device center offers a user-friendly interface to transfer, update or synchronize data quickly between PC and mobile device.
This software was launched with the intention of replacing Activesync which was earlier used to synchronize with windows CE based devices like XP. Windows mobile device center is only supported on windows vista. To sync your windows mobile phone with PC using operating system windows vista, in this case, you need to upgrade the PC software to windows mobile device center 6.1. Activesync is no longer supported on windows vista. Windows mobile device center 6.1 can only be used on phones that run windows mobile 2003 or later versions. Below mentioned is the list with which the windows mobile device center is compatible:
Windows Mobile 6.5Windows Mobile 6.1Windows Embedded CE 6.0Windows Mobile 6Windows Mobile 5.0 with Messaging and Security Feature PackWindows Mobile 5.0Windows Mobile 2003 Second EditionWindows Mobile 2003 Windows mobile device center can be used with the below-mentioned list of windows versions only:
Windows 7 EnterpriseWindows 7 UltimateWindows 7 ProfessionalWindows 7 Home PremiumWindows 7 StarterWindows Vista UltimateWindows Vista EnterpriseWindows Vista BusinessWindows Vista Home PremiumWindows Vista Home BasicWindows Server 2008Moving on to the features included in windows mobile device center. The features are as follows:
1) Improved user interface – The user interface introduced in this device is user-friendly and can be used to quickly access important tasks and in quickly setting up your device.
2) Quick file browsing – This device allows the user to quickly browse through the files and folders. Along with that, it enables the user to open its documents directly on your windows based mobile device from the computer.
3) Organizing media – With the help of Microsoft windows media player user can synchronize music files and can even shuffle them on its mobile device.
4) Managing photos – This feature enables a user to detect the new images on their mobile device and allows tagging of the photos along with the import of the same to the windows vista gallery.
5) Efficient setup – Windows mobile device center offers an exclusively new and simplified partnership wizard in combination with the enhanced partnership management.
6) Sturdy organization – The data critical for a business like e-mails, calendars, tasks, contacts, favorites etc. can be easily synchronized.
7) Certificate registration – Certificate can be attained from the PC with which windows mobile device 6 is currently connected.
8) Activation of information rights management – Windows mobile device 6 is configured automatically to open the IRM-protected documents and files.
There is a little or no problem faced at all while connecting the devices making it very simple and convenient to use. The connectivity has been refined between the mobile device and the PC in this version. There are various ways to interface windows mobile device with windows mobile device center including data cable, Bluetooth.
With this new invention, it has become quite easy to transfer, upgrade and store data from your phone to your computer. Now, one doesn’t have to spend long hours waiting for the files and folders to get transferred to your PC. Windows mobile device center can be run on both the versions 32 bit or 64 bit. It readily simplifies everything right from managing media or, configuring partnerships and so much more. With all new and improved features, Windows mobile device center is definitely going to be a must for anyone. It has proved to be a great option when it comes to updating the information.
It might not prove as a game changer, but it definitely is an improved instinctive device. So, get ready to experience the improved interface that allows you to navigate in managing the media, file system etc. I would like to recommend people to download this software to make use of the time they spent sitting for hours in front of computer glued to their screens.